With the holiday weekend approaching, many are planning to fire up the grill and enjoy a hamburger or two. Try my basic burger recipe for a moist and flavorful burger. And since you get off the hook, or rather out of the kitchen with the ease of the burger, why not make your own ketchup?! It takes a few minutes, it’s delicious and healthier than anything you can buy in the store.
Almost Sugar-Free Ketchup
Makes: 1 1/2 cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 7 oz. jar Tomato Paste (glass jar is best = no BPA)
- 1/3 c. Water
- 1/4 c. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Unsulphered Blackstrap Molasses
- 25 Drops Pure Liquid Stevia (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. Yellow Mustard
- 1/4 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- Pinch Cinnamon
- Pinch Ground Cloves
- Whisk together ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
Occasionally I will buy an organic ketchup, still has sugar, but not high-fructose corn syrup. By the way, this ketchup does have a little sugar added, in the form of molasses, 10 grams. That’s roughly 0.4166666 grams of sugar per serving.