On sale this week at our local food co-op……chicken breast & drummies as well as pork ribs. All three pair well with BBQ sauce. There isn’t a BBQ sauce out there that isn’t loaded with sugar, so yesterday, I made my own.
Recipe Adapted by Healthy Living How To
- 1/4 c. + 2 Tbsp. White Vinegar
- 15 oz. Muir Glen Organic Tomato Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Lea Perrins Worcestershire Sauce (no HFCS)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Organic Yellow Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Cholula Hot Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. Sea Salt
- 3 tsp. Organic Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Colgin All-Natural Liquid Smoke (adjust according to your taste)
- 1 tsp. Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Organic Onion Powder
- Dash Cayenne Pepper (adjust according to your taste)
- 1/2 tsp. Organic Blackstrap Molasses
- 1/2 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Xanthan Gum (optional, but what makes it thick)
- 25-35 drops NuNaturals Pure Liquid Clear Stevia (adjust according to your taste)
- In medium saucepan, whisk ingredients together and bring to boil.
- Turn down to simmer for 15 minutes whisking every few minutes.
- Let cool and then refrigerate.
BBQ Chicken Drummies
Drummies are easy to make……to make clean-up easy, foil line your pan. Bake at 425 for a total of 60 minutes. After the drummies have been baking for 30 minutes, you will start the basting process, every 10 minutes baste and bake. Take drummies out of oven, baste with BBQ sauce and return to oven to bake for 10 minutes. Do this three times.