How did the Almond Flour making turn out? Are you ready to make a healthy, low-carb, gluten-free, bread/bun/muffin that tastes wonderful and doesn’t send your blood sugar to the moon and back? Then let me present to you the One Minute Muffin.
I did not invent this recipe. It has been passed around over and over again on the Low Carb Friends message board. There are many variations, tips & tricks that have been shared over the years. I did a quick search on the board and came up with this. You can make this savory or sweet, add cinnamon, cocoa powder, non-caloric sweetener, add herbs & spices. The possibilities are endless.
My basic recipe is a starting point for a simple and savory gluten-free, low-carb bread replacement. Split it in half and you’ve got a bun for your burger. Toast it and you won’t miss your high-carb English muffin. Stuff it with some turkey, mayo and lettuce and you’ve got a healthy sandwich. The possibilities are up to your imagination.
One Minute Muffin
Prep Time: 3 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Minute
- 1/4 c. Almond Flour or 1 Tbsp. Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Golden Flaxseed Meal
- Pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter or Ghee
- 1 Large Egg
- Melt butter in a 4-inch (8 oz.) ramekin.
- Whisk egg and then slowly drizzle in the melted butter.
- To the egg and butter add almond flour, flaxseed meal and salt. Mix well with a spoon.
- Sprinkle with baking powder and mix one more time.
- Spoon into ramekin and microwave for one minute.
- Remove from microwave with dish towel and invert on a cooling rack.
- Once cool, split in half and enjoy!
For those of you who don’t have a microwave or limit microwave use, this can be baked in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes. You’ll have to rename the recipe though (wink, wink). While I use homemade almond flour in this recipe, it will still work with store-bought brands.