As promised, here she is in all her cranberry glory, healthy, low-carb, gluten-free, sugar-free, Cranberry Granola. If you are looking for a homemade gift to give to co-workers, friends or neighbors, instead of baking plates of unhealthy cookies, give this healthy recipe a try. Make a double batch, so you have some for yourself! This is absolutely wonderful over full-fat unsweetened yogurt, made from cow’s milk or goat’s milk. It is also a nice addition on top of a spinach salad with crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese. For a really decadent little treat, drizzle some heavy cream or coconut milk over top and eat with a spoon.
1 cup each, coconut flakes, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, pepitas
1/4 c. chia seeds
1/4 c. coconut oil
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. celtic sea salt
1/4 tsp. nunaturals pure white stevia extract powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 recipe sugar-free dried cranberries
2. In a separate small bowl, mix together coconut oil, unsweetened applesauce, cinnamon, celtic sea salt, stevia and vanilla extract.
3. Plop the sauce on top of nuts.
4. Mix well, ensuring nuts & seeds are evenly coated.
5. Line a large baking pan with parchment and spread out granola.
6. Bake at 250º F for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
7. Rough chop cranberries and mix with cooled granola.
How to make your own unsweetened applesauce.
- Core, peel and quarter 2-4 apples.
- Add apples to VitaMix or other high-speed blender.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice.
- Whiz up for about 30 seconds.
- Voila, applesauce.
This will turn a little brown but that’s ok, it still tastes good. Throw some cinnamon in there and no one will know!