Healthy Recipe: Oven Baked Burger

Oven Baked Burger Recipe | healthylivinghowto.com

Healthy dinner made easy. This is one of our favorite meals and takes no time to make. Grass-fed beef burgers made in the oven. Yes, in the oven. It is winter here in Minnesota. While some people grill in the sub-zero temps, I prefer to stay warm and fuzzy. As I type, our deck is covered in both snow and ice and it is freezing outside. Plus the starter on our grill isn’t working and the last time I tried to light the grill, with one of those long lighters you use to light candles, I almost blew off my face. Seriously!

Burgers are also excellent in a good old-fashioned cast-iron skillet, but with the oven method, the clean-up is easier, you don’t smoke up the kitchen and no grease splatter everywhere. Geez, you’d think I was lazy or something.

Oven Baked Burger | healthylivinghowto.com

Top your burger with some healthy homemade Ketchup and Mayonnaise, a little mustard and bacon and YUM! If you really gotta have a bun, give my One Minute Muffin a try. Oh, and not pictured, are the juicy pickles I ate on the side. If fermented foods are your thing, try a side of sauerkraut with your bunless burger, that’s my husband’s favorite! I love a big pile of broccoli with my burger, but if your oven is big enough, Oven Roasted Cauliflower would make a nice side as well.

Oven Baked Burger

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Yield: Four 1/4 lb. burgers

Serving Size: 1 burger

Oven Baked Burger

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Line baking pan with foil.
  3. Place baking rack inside pan.
  4. With hands make four equal sized hamburger patties.
  5. Place patties on baking rack and season both sides with salt and pepper.
  6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping once.
  7. Let rest for a couple minutes before serving.

Comments

1. Amy says

Considering how concerned you are about detoxification I’m interested in your choice of lining the pan with aluminum foil as foil breaks down in high heat and the metals can seep into the food. Perhaps just using a broiling pan would be sufficient. Just a thought.

Thanks Amy for keeping me on my toes! I do not cook food in foil and typically use unbleached parchment paper if my food is going to be touching it. In this case I line the pan with foil and then place a stainless steel rack on the pan so the fat drips down and it is easy to clean. I’ll have to do some research on this. Thank you!

2. Lisa Olson says

I made these tonight for my family and they were excellent. I actually never make burgers at home (except on the grill in the summer) because of the spatter-y mess combined with the hassle for a big family. But this was perfect. No big mess, no hanging out at the smoky stove. I was able to stick them in the oven and get to work on my carrot fries. Thanks so much! :)

3. Heather says

I have always hated cooking meat on the stove because I can never get the inside cooked without the outside turning into a charred mess. I have long since given up & handed Burger Nights over to my husband ;) I have no qualms regarding the oven, though, and am excited to see the look on his face when he sees the wifey made burgers for dinner tonight! :)

4. rachel says

I used to fry my burgers, and the burgers didn’t have such good taste, so I decided to bake it for health reasons, and oh boy it came out AMAZING, my husband LOVED it! this is the only way I will make my burgers, u don’t have the mess of the stovetop and oil every where. its great, Thanks so much!

5. Sherry says

I made these tonight and loved the flavor;but I didn’t like the smoke that came out of the oven when I opened it. How can I reduce or stop this from happening? Thanks!!! BTW-I baked these at 375 degrees.

6. Wayne says

I was sick of the mess of making a single burger on the stovetop, the George Foreman Grill is so inconsistent and it’s kind of a waste to light a grill outdoors for just one or two burgers. I Googled “oven burgers” on a whim and looked through several sites until I came across yours. I am so glad that I found your site. What seemed like a fairly simple solution was never even considered by me. The burgers were the most juicy and tasty that I have eaten in a very long time!! The cleanup was a breeze and my only regret is that I didn’t find you earlier. I have so many more ideas for oven burgers now as I just went with the very basics for my first try at this. Great Job and thanks so much!!!!