Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Coffee

Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Coffee

Yes you read that correctly, Pumpkin Spice BUTTERED Coffee.

Think about it for a moment, what happens when you churn cream too long? What do you get? Butter. Only I used ghee, which is butter with the milk proteins removed (’cause I’m allergic).

The end result is still a healthy creamy seasonal drink that is sure to rival your favorite coffee shop’s version.

For a dose of reality, I took a peek at the nutritional information for both Starbucks’ and Caribou’s pumpkin spice latte. Holy SUGAR, Batman. In a 12 oz. drink there is 37 grams of the stuff. Sugar is far more than just empty calories, it can have harmful effects on metabolism and contributes to all sorts of diseases.

I’ll be skipping the sugar rush and making my own foo foo healthy pumpkin drink this season. I hope you do too!

Want to really overload on pumpkin goodness? Try pairing this with my healthy Pumpkin Walnut Drop Scones.

Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Coffee

Yield: 1 Serving

1. In a blender add coffee, pumpkin puree, butter, pumpkin pie spice and stevia.
  2. Whiz on high until frothy.
  3. Serve and enjoy!

This recipe has been tested with my preferred ingredients. Please consider, if I recommend a substitution, it will be included as a note in the recipe.

Nutrition Information: 120 cals 12 g fat, 3 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 2 g NET CARBS, 1 g protein

Comments

1. Loretta says

I made some pumpkin pie spice with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and ginger. Have plain Stevia, so will add a tad of vanilla extract to the recipe. I am looking forward to making this tomorrow morning. I’m sure the donut shop coffee will have nothing on this one. Thank you for this neat treat. It makes me happy and gives me something to look forward to for my morning coffee.

2. Dale says

Hello,

I don’t like many food blogs, but I do enjoy 2 of them. I really like yours and “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook. Between the two of you, I get so many ideas.
    Keep those recipes coming.

Dale

3. Susan says

Just made the pumpkin walnut scones yesterday which were delicious. Can’t wait to have one with the pumpkin spice coffee.

4. Heather says

Hi there, i just wanted to say that as a brand new paleo lover i really enjoy your site, but also as the wife of a retired soldier it warms my heart to see the wounded warrior link every time i visit here. i dont know whether its a personal endorsement or not, but if its purposefully here then that makes me like you just that much more. have a lovely day!

OMG. I found your recipe through reddit searching for new pumpkin recipes… I haven’t tried it yet, but it looks like something I will have to try ASAP. And I hope you don’t mind if I feature the photo on an upcoming pumpkin blog post, giving you credit of course and linking back to your site for the recipe!

6. Karin says

I used to drink buttered coffee, but got out of the habit, because I found a recipe for pumpkin spice coffee creamer. But I was missing my buttered coffee. This recipe fills both of those for me! I added 1 more tablespoon of pumpkin (cause I like pumpkin!) and didn’t even add any sweetener. It’s perfect for me!

7. carey says

Yes, this is good. Funny the comment about Starbucks. I like their coffee, but not the syrup infused options. This recipe provides the seasonal taste without all the negatives associated with commercial products. For my coffee this morning, I brewed a Starbucks Sumatra K-cup., added all of the ingredients (coffee, pastured organic butter, spices, pumpkin, raw honey) to a mason jar, shook it really well (wanted to bypass the blender), and took a sip. It was good as is, but for my taste, felt it needed “something” more. Where you used vanilla Stevia, I used honey, so by adding a splash of vanilla, that gave back what it was missing. For those that consume milk, or milk alternatives, it would also be quite nice creamy. Thanks for sharing this recipe!