I recently picked up some amazingly gorgeous organic bell peppers at our local food co-op. Aren't they just beautiful?! I bought the purple one just simply because she was purple and that's my fav color! I don't know why these excite me so much, they just do. Food not only nourishes our body, it can be a work of art to be in awe of. These beauties deserve to be the center of attention, so I made a simple bell pepper salsa and paired it with some wild salmon I had in the freezer and can I just tell you, it was outstanding!
5 Reasons to Eat Bell Peppers
1 Bell peppers are a very nutrient dense vegetable.
2 They are an excellent source of vitamin C, beta-carotene, vitamin K, thiamine, folic acid, and vitamin B6.
3 Bell peppers are rich in phytochemicals with exceptional antioxidant activity.
4 Red bell peppers contain lycopene, a carotene that offers protection against cancer and heart disease.
5 Bell peppers contain substances, including capsaicin, flavonoids, and vitamin C, which have been shown to prevent blood clot formation and reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
- (4) 4-6oz. Wild Salmon Filets
- 1/2 c. Red, Yellow, Orange and Purple Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1/2 c. Cilantro, Chopped
- 1/4 c. Yellow Onion, Minced
- 1 Medium Avocado, Diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
- 1 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 Lime, Juiced
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- If desired season with a little salt & pepper.
- Bake at 400°F 12-15 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, with a sharp knife, dice, chop and mince veggies.
- Mix remaining ingredients with veggies and chill.
- Top each salmon filet with salsa and serve.