A very sweet member of our Healthy Living With Essential Oils team sent me a huge box of the most beautiful fresh cranberries. Her family owns a cranberry farm in Oregon and they are in the midst of harvest.
One of the cool things about Oregon cranberry growers, is that they pursue natural pest control, flooding the beds of cranberries to repel harmful insects, instead of using harmful pesticides.
When the fresh cranberries arrived, I quickly rinsed them and then put them in freezer bags for storage.
I've got enough cranberries to enjoy for many months to come. And my family does too, since we'll be hosting “healthy” Thanksgiving this year.
Tomorrow afternoon I have some special friends coming over for an appreciation luncheon. Which is the perfect opportunity for me to make a healthy cranberry dessert — Cranberry Pumpkin Bars.
This is a super simple twist on my very popular Pumpkin Bar recipe. All I did was add cranberries. Ha!
Of course, Tom and I each had to have a piece, quality control and all. We both give this recipe two thumbs up.
P.S. While I may still, somewhat, remember how to use my DSLR camera, my food styling is going to need practice after taking some time off of blogging. Hence no pretty pictures to go along with the recipe. 😉
Cranberry Pumpkin Bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 15 Servings
A healthy alternative to a seasonal favorite. As written, recipe is gluten-free , dairy-free, and sugar-free.
- 2 c. Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 tsp. Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon or 6 drops Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- 1 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 15 oz. Can Pumpkin
- 1 c. Granulated Sweetener – for sugar-free I recommend this
- 1 1/2 c. Cranberries, rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9×13 inch glass cake pan or spray with non-stick spray.
- In medium mixing bowl, sift together almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, with electric beaters on medium, mix together eggs, pumpkin and sweetener until smooth.
- Add dry to wet and combine on low speed until smooth.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Pour batter into cake pan and smooth with spatula.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Completely cool on rack before cutting and serving.
This recipe has been tested with my preferred ingredients. Before asking, please consider, if I recommend a substitution, it will be included as a note in the recipe.