Last weekend, my husband and I went on a long walk, about eight miles or so. Early on in our trek, we came upon some litter on the walking path, a McDonald's bag and a wrapper for a biscuit breakfast. In my junk food eating days, I loved me a biscuit with egg & bacon. I was haunted by this unhealthy memory for the rest of our jaunt and decided I would make a healthy, low-carb and gluten-free biscuit breakfast sandwich when we got home. The result was oh so good.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 1 Pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Ghee or Unsalted Butter, Cold
- 1 Large Egg
- In a small bowl, sift together coconut flour, flaxseed meal, sea salt and baking powder.
- To the flour, add ghee or butter and with a fork mash together until small crumbles form.
- In a separate bowl, scramble egg and then add mixture to crumbles.
- With a spoon mix together and spoon into greased 4-inch ramekin.
- Options: (1) Microwave for 55-60 seconds OR (2) Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
This is a single-serving recipe, feel free to adjust accordingly. I have made these both in the oven as well as the microwave, like my one minute muffin recipe. I prefer the microwave version as it fluffs up more. Whereas, the oven-baked version, while still good, does not rise as much.