Last weekend, my husband and I went on a long walk, about eight miles or so
Early on in our trek, we came upon some litter on the walking path, a McDonald's bag and a wrapper for a biscuit breakfast
In my junk food eating days, I loved me a biscuit with egg & bcon from The Golden Arches.
Truth be told, I honestly cannot tell you the last time I had a biscuit.
You know what I mean, the ones made with white flour and buttermilk.
What I can tell you, is, I'm not from the south.
And the closest I've ever gotten to making biscuits were the unhealthy refrigerator kind that you peeled the label off until the can
So, whether or not my healthy biscuits actually taste like their unhealthy high-carb relative, I'll leave that up to you to decide.
Either way, it doesn't matter to me, as I've enjoyed biscuit breakfast sandwiches all week.
Easy Keto Breakfast Biscuit
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 1 Pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Ghee or Unsalted Butter, Cold
- 1 Large Egg
- In a small bowl, sift together coconut flour, flaxseed meal, sea salt
- To the flour, add ghee or butter and with a fork mash together until small crumbles form.
- In a separate bowl, scramble egg and then add mixture to crumbles.
- With a spoon mix together and spoon into
- Options: (1) Microwave for 55-60 seconds or (2) Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
This is a single-serving recipe, feel free to adjust accordingly
I have made these both in the oven as well as the microwave, like my one- minute muffin recipe.
What You Need to Know About Keto Ebook
The keto diet has attracted many followers for good reason. It's an effective tool for blood sugar management and weight loss.
It also has proven benefits for various health concerns.
What You Need to Know About Keto is not another copycat keto ebook.
It's a real-world, practical review of the diet and an action plan, based on 20 years of observation, education, and experience.
Whether you're new to keto, or you're #ketoaf, this book has something for you.