(Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free & Low-Carb)
Makes 12 Cupcakes
First of all, credit for these beauties goes to Lauren at Healthy Indulgences. Every recipe of hers I have tried has been 5-Stars!
- 1-15 oz Eden Organic Unsalted Navy Beans (no BPA in the can)
- 5 large Organic Eggs Plus 1 Yolk
- 6 Tbsp. Kalona SuperNatural Organic Unsalted Grassfed Butter
- 3/4 tsp. NuNaturals Pure Stevia Extract
- 3/4 cup NOW Brand Granualted Erythritol
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 6 Tbsp. Bob's Red Mill Organic High Fiber Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Rumsford Aluminum-Free Baking Powder (Gluten Free and Non-GMO)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Rinse beans in a colander and shake off the water. Blend beans with the eggs, vanilla, and salt. In a large mixing bowl, cream softened butter and sweetener until light and fluffy. Beat in pureed mixture. Measure out the coconut flour, by spooning it straight from the bag, packing it down a bit, and sweeping the top of the spoon to level. Add to the batter along with the rest of the dry ingredients, and whip together for another minute or two until fluffy. Spoon batter into paper liners sprayed with coconut oil non-stick spray (Spectrum Organics). Fill cupcake liners a little more than 3/4 way full. Bake cupcakes for 25 minutes, or until springy to the touch. Let cupcakes sit for 2-3 hours, preferably OVERNIGHT, so that all of the bean flavor disappears.
4g net carbs per 1/12th of a recipe.
FROSTING…..I tried a new recipe for frosting and it was horrible (photographed nicely though). So, we are eating these with real whipped cream, sweetened with stevia (made in my iSi Whipper ~ check out Williams & Sonoma). Next, time I will make Healthy Buttercream Chocolate Frosting, it's good. Really good!