As promised, here she is in all her cranberry glory, healthy sugar free granola. If you are looking for a homemade gift to give to co-workers, friends or neighbors, instead of baking plates of unhealthy cookies, give this healthy recipe a try. Make a double batch, so you have some for yourself! This is absolutely wonderful over full-fat unsweetened yogurt, made from cow's milk or goat's milk. It is also a nice addition on top of a spinach salad with crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese. For a really decadent little treat, drizzle some heavy cream or coconut milk over top and eat with a spoon.
1 cup each, coconut flakes, chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, chopped hazelnuts, sliced almonds, pepitas (all nuts should be raw)
1/4 c. chia seeds
1/4 c. coconut oil
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. celtic sea salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 recipe dried cranberries
2. In a separate small bowl, mix together coconut oil, unsweetened applesauce, cinnamon, celtic sea salt and vanilla extract.
3. Plop the sauce on top of nuts.
4. Mix well, ensuring nuts & seeds are evenly coated.
5. Line a large baking pan with parchment and spread out granola.
6. Bake at 250º F for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
7. Rough chop cranberries and mix with cooled granola.