Following a recipe to a “t” isn't something I normally do, I'm kinda a rebel like that. Usually I just throw stuff in the mix and taste. Until now. Well actually it was when I decided to start this blog. If I want y'all (hey I lived in TX for a few years), to make my stuff, then I gotta give measurements. Hardly can I tell you to “wing it”. However, today I am going to eat my words, as this is a recipe where you CAN just wing it!
Release your inner pizza imagination……go ahead and let it run wild. Stuff these boats with whatever you want! My imagination was limited to the ingredients I had on hand, sausage, black olives and sun-dried tomatoes!
Pizza Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 6 oz. Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1/2 tsp. Penzey's Italian Sausage Seasoning
- 1/4 c. Parmesan/Asiago/Fontina Cheese Blend
- 1/3 c. + 2 Tbsp. Organic Red Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Black Olives, chopped
- 1/4. c. Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped (not oil packed)
- 1/2 tsp. Penzey's Pizza Seasoning
- Mozzarella Cheese
1. In small skillet cook ground beef with Italian sausage seasoning. Drain and set aside.
2. Slice large zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the inside.
3. In small bowl, mix, parmesan cheese, red sauce, black olives, tomatoes, pizza seasoning.
4. Add ground beef mixture to cheese mixture and fill zucchini boats.
5. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
6. Garnish with a little more sauce and a few sprinkles of the parmesan cheese blend.
7. If you are proper you can eat with a knife & fork. If not, use your hands!