Today is a very special day…it is my husband's birthday. This morning as I reflected on what he means to me and why, the one word I kept coming back to is INTEGRITY. For as long as we have been together, Tom has consistently acted according to the values, beliefs and principles he professes. He has demonstrated to me what it means to live a life of integrity.
If you've been a regular reader, you may have already seen last year's birthday tribute, which included Tom's Top 10 list…but when I tried to come up with a new one this year, I kept circling back to the same things. Please allow me to use this space to not only say Happy Birthday to the man in my life, who I love beyond words, but to also say thank you, something I don't do nearly enough, for all he is!
Tom's Top 10 Redux!
1. Hard Working, thank you for being the hardest working man I know. You work hard to support our family and to provide a respectable living for us. You never seek recognition for the work you do, always humble and modest.
2. Integrity, thank you for being a man of great character. You do what you say you are going to do, you have high standards and you would never tell a lie.
3. Goal Setting, thank you for being self-driven and self-motivated always setting goals to reach and strive for.
4. Supportive, thank you for always supporting me and believing in me. You allow me to be me and love me the way I am.
5. Discerning, thank you for being the one to take time before making a decision and holding your ground even when I try to convince you otherwise.
6. Trustworthy, thank you for being a man of your word, I know I never have to doubt you and will always trust you.
7. God Loving, thank you for pursuing a relationship with our Heavenly Father and for being the one all those years ago to encourage me to read my Bible.
8. Health Conscious, thank you for taking care of your health and your body, I love your muscles and your heart.
9. Self Improving, thank you for always looking for ways to improve yourself and always seeking to learn more.
10. Committed, thank you for being committed to everything you set out to do. You finish what you start and don’t give up or give in.