It was eleven years ago, this month, that I was introduced to Zig Ziglar. Tom and I were newly dating, and he being the business man that he is, had quite the collection of business, leadership and motivational books and tapes. We were getting in his car, when I sat on a case of 12 cassette tapes, with Zig Ziglar's picture on the front. It was a leadership course Tom had been listening to on his commute to and from work. I teased Tom at the time, but came to admire his intrinsic motivation for self-development, and later became a Ziglar fan myself.
Recently, in preparing for our upcoming move, I found the tapes in a box in our storage room. I paused for a moment, remembering my first meeting with them. In a decades time, while the message on the tapes are still applicable today, we don't have a tape player any longer. Needless to say, the tapes found their way in the donate pile.
Zig Ziglar wrote over two dozen books and accumulated a following of millions, who were encouraged by his lessons for success in life, including myself. Today I would like to share some of his most inspiring words in hopes they motivate you as much as they motivate me.
10 Best Zig Ziglar Quotes
1. “You can make positive deposits in your own economy every day by reading and listening to positive, life-changing content, and by associating with encouraging and hope-building people.”
2. “Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.”
3.“True joy comes when you inspire, encourage, and guide someone else on a path that benefits him or her.”
4. “We all need a daily check up from the neck up to avoid stinkin thinkin which ultimately leads to hardening of the attitudes.”
5. “Among the things you can give away and still keep are your word, a smile, and a grateful heart.”
6. “People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing, that's why we recommend it daily.”
7. “The choice to have a great attitude is something that nobody or no circumstance can take from you.”
8. “Positive thinking won't let you do anything, but it will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.”
9. “There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.”
10. “The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty.”