There is healthy opportunity all around us — sometimes it bites us in the butt and other times we have to look for it.
Here's a healthy idea — today look for the opportunity to move your body and get in some steps. I shoot for 10,000 a day.
- Don't fight for a close parking spot, instead park far away from the door.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- If on the phone, instead of sitting, stand and pace back and forth.
- Shorten your lunch break by 10 minutes and take a walk.
- Meeting a friend for coffee? Meet for a for a walk and bring the coffee along.
- Going shopping? Walk up and down every aisle.
- Taking a bathroom break? Go to a bathroom on a different floor in your office building (remember to take the stairs).
- Start and end your day with a walk around the block.
Now it's your turn — how do you build movement into your day?