Meet my new friend Broccolette, she is gorgeously green, long and lean, sweet and edible from stem to flower. Broccolette is a cross between broccoli and Chinese kale, is part of the cruciferous family of vegetables and is an excellent source of Vitamin C and A. Broccolette is grown organically, without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides by Earthbound Farms. I picked her up, quite cheaply I might add, at Costco of all places. I noticed her hanging out at our local food co-op as well, but for twice the price. I have successfully paired Broccolette with lamb burgers, beef roast and most recently she became the noodles to my chicken marinara.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. Organic Ground Chicken
- (2) 14.5 oz. Cans Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes with Basil and Garlic
- 5 Tbsp. Bionaturae Organic Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1-2 pkts. NuNaturals No Carbs Blend Stevia Packets
- 1 lb. Earthbound Farms Organic Broccolette
- Ghee, Celtic Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- In cast iron skillet brown ground chicken.
- While chicken is browning, in a food processor or high-powered blender, blend on high tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, basil, garlic, oregano and if using, stevia until smooth.
- Drain cooked chicken and return to skillet, pour sauce over top and bring to low simmer for 30 minutes.
- While chicken marinara is simmering, prepare broccolette by trimming the ends and then steaming for 3 minutes (I use our Fagor 6 qt. Pressure Cooker to steam veggies in).
- Plate broccolette, drizzle with ghee, Celtic sea salt and black pepper, smother with chicken marinara and enjoy!