If you have followed along with Healthy Living How To, you already know of my excitement for the Fig Food Co. organic pumpkin I found at Whole Foods. It was still on sale this past weekend, and I picked up a few more “boxes”. Last week I made a pumpkin enchilada sauce that was to die for. And I promised another recipe using the sauce. Well, here it is…..Pumpkin Enchilada Soup. Pretty, ain't it?!
This is a very versatile recipe. Spice it up and garnish it as you see fit. I used grass-fed ground beef and black beans, but ground turkey, shredded chicken or even pork would be good as well. As you can see it was garnished with avocado, cheddar cheese and cilantro. The only thing missing was a dollop of sour cream. On the side we had pork rinds. Yes, pork rinds. Two ingredients on the label, pork skin and salt.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 12 oz. Pumpkin Enchilada Sauce
- 3 c. Beef Bone Broth
- 2 lbs. Grass Fed Ground Beef
- (1) 15 oz. Can Eden Organic Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- (1) 14.5 oz. Can Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes with Basil and Garlic
- 1/2 Medium Organic Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Pressed
- 1 Tbsp. Oregano
- 3 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp. Basil
- 8 oz. Organic Cream Cheese or Soft Goat Cheese
- Garnish Options: Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Avocado, Chopped Cilantro
- In large stock pot, brown ground beef with chopped onion and drain.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to boil, stirring frequently as cream cheese melts.
- Reduce heat to simmer until thick.