In the food blog world, recipes come and go, just like fashions.
I never got into making pizza crust from cauliflower. Seemed like too much work and I'm a lazy cook. Besides the best part of the pizza is the meat.
Meatzza, low-carb, gluten-free pizza with a meat crust, was all the rage a while back
Even though Meatzza is old news, I still wanted to share with you my recent creation
My recipe does not have cheese in the crust, making it perfect for those with a sensitivity to cow's milk.
I topped this one with raw goat's milk cheese.
The secret to my Meatzza is still one of my favorite Penzeys' spices, Italian Sausage Seasoning, and the homemade sauce with basil and oregano.
The health benefits of spices and herbs
Every time you flavor your meals with herbs or spices you are upgrading the nutrient content of your food without adding a single calorie. You are taking something ordinary and turning it into something extraordinary by adding color, flavor, vitamins, and often medicinal properties. — Dr. Mercola
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. Ground Pork, 80% Lean
- 1 Tbsp. Penzeys' Italian Sausage Seasoning (or mix your own with salt, cracked and ground fennel and black pepper)
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 14.5 oz. Diced Tomatoes with Basil and Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
- Red, Yellow, and Green Bell Peppers
- Yellow Onion
- Black Olives
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Raw Goat Cheese
- Throw all sauce ingredients into high-speed blender and blend on high for one minute.
- Pour sauce into a saucepan, bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- With hands mix pork, egg, and Italian sausage seasoning.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment and then pat sausage into the desired shape about 1/4″ thick.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, dice up veggies and shred cheese.
- Top cooked crust with sauce, veggies, and cheese and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve, use any remaining sauce for dipping.
Join the Conversation
Join the conversation over on Facebook.