- cocoa powder & stevia
- curry powder & salt
- lemon pepper, oregano & salt
- cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg & stevia
- garlic powder & salt
- cayenne pepper, stevia & salt
- Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese & salt
You will have to play with the amount of spices you use as it varies depending on the volume of seeds. Also, you do not have to add any oil to roast these, as long as the seeds are still a little damp, the spices will stick just fine.
Roasted Delicata Seeds
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Seeds from 2 Delicata Squash
- Celtic Sea Salt
1. Separate seeds from the squash flesh, rinse and drain (not dry).
2. Line sheet pan with parchment paper and spread seeds out.
3. Sprinkle seeds with Celtic sea salt.
4. Bake at 350° F for 10 minutes then toss and turn seeds and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Seeds are done when toasted and crunchy.
If you haven't made delicata squash (gasp!!!), you should. It is amazingly delicious. It's very easy to cut and cook. You can eat the skin AND the seeds! I have a little tutuorial on how to prepare it found here: Delicata Deliciousness. Winter squash is in season and usually that means reasonably priced. Our local co-op has seasonal squash priced at $0.99/lb. We were at Whole Foods last weekend and they had it priced the same.
You are going to want to come back tomorrow, to check out what I used the squash for, you know the ones where the roasted seeds came from. I will leave you with a picture as a teaser.