This beautiful meal is compliments of Chef Tom (my handsome husband). We did a little shopping this past week, along with a Vitamix (that warrants it's own post) and stainless steel mixing bowls, we spotted a stainless steel chicken roaster for the grill. Tonight, Tomput it to the test. The results were amazing!If you don't have this pan, you can still make the chicken by using a beer can.
At the 1 1/2 hour mark, adding vegetables.
Beer Butt Chicken
- 1 c. Unsalted Organic Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Paprika
- Sea Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 6 oz. Gluten Free Beer
- 1 Whole (approx. 4 lbs.) Organic Chicken
- Preheat an outdoor grill for low heat.
- In a glass bowl, melt 1/2 cup butter in microwave. Mix in 1 tablespoon garlic salt, 1 tablespoon paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Add remaining butter, garlic salt, paprika, and desired amount of salt and pepper to beer and put in either beer can or canister (included with our pan). Set chicken on can, inserting can into the cavity of the chicken. Baste chicken with the melted, seasoned butter.
- Place baking sheet with beer and chicken on the prepared grill. Cook over low heat (350 degrees) for about 3 hours, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C).
Our chicken took about 2 hours, with grill temperature at 350. At the 1 1/2 hour mark vegetables were added to the pan.
Sorry for the lack of updates this past week. We've been on a STAYCATION! Tom goes back to work tomorrow and baby Eva will be back this week (the baby I take care of while her Mommy & Daddy work). Look for many updates this week. I have A LOT of pictures, recipes, tid bits & an article or two to share with you.