Judging by the response I got to the teaser picture I posted on the Healthy Living How To Facebook Page, you all are Cookie Monsters! Well my little blue furry friends, the short wait is over. My two teenage sons, husband and a dozen taste tasters approved these low-carb, dairy-free, gluten-free healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies. I will keep the commentary short and just get to the recipe, after all, I know you are just here for the cookies.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 17 minutes
Makes: 2 Dozen
- 1 c. Almond Flour
- 1/2 c. Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp. Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
Low-Carb Sweetener Options
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 c. Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1/2 c. 65% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips
- In medium mixing bowl, sift together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in sweetener.
- To the flour mixture add eggs, vanilla extract and coconut oil. With a spoon, mix well.
- Add chocolate chips to cookie dough and with your hands mix in.
- Roughly divide dough and roll into 24 balls.
- Bake on baking sheet lined with a Silpat or unbleached parchment paper at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and with the bottom of a glass slightly flatten cookie.
- Return to oven for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on rack.
- Enjoy with a glass of almond milk!