Share the healthy love this Valentines' Day by making these healthy Not Sugar Cookies for your friends and family. This pretty cookie is gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free. Enjoy!
Not Sugar Cookies with Almond Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep Time: 90 minutes (includes chill time)
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Makes: 28 Cookies
- 1 c. Almond Flour
- 1/2 c. Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp. Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 c. Granulated Sweetener — for sugar-free I recommend Swerve or Birch Xylitol
- 3 Large Eggs, Room Temp
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 c. Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1 Recipe Almond Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium bowl, sift together all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, scramble eggs, vanilla extract and coconut oil.
- Add wet to dry and mix well with a spoon. With your hands form dough into a large ball and chill for 30-45 minutes covered.
- Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment paper and cut into desired shapes. With a spatula, transfer cutouts onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350º F for 12 minutes or until lightly brown. Completely cool, then pipe with almond cream cheese frosting.
- Store cookies in freezer or refrigerator.
We invested in a Vitamix this past summer and ever since, I've made my own almond flour. You can certainly use store-bought almond flour in this recipe. It's slightly below freezing here in Minnesota, and I kept these cookies in my garage overnight. They soften up just right in about ten minutes at room temperature. Finally this recipe was inspired by its unhealthy counterpart, The Best Rolled Sugar Cookie as well this healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie.