After sharing my recipe for a Margarita Mocktail, on the Healthy Living How To Facebook page, a reader asked for a healthy Strawberry Daiquiri. Easy enough! Of course, you can go from a mocktail to a cocktail with a shot of added light rum.
Strawberries are low in sugar and fructose and loaded with phytonutrients, which is just a fancy word to say they are chock full of compounds that promote good health. Berries are berry good for you. Strawberries provide the body with calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and vitamin C. Strawberries are on the Dirty Dozen List, which means they have a high amount of pesticide residue. Best to buy organic, I say. Recently spotted…organic strawberries at Costco! And, they were only a $1 more compared to the conventional. Score.
- 1/2 c. Club Soda
- 6 Strawberries
- 1 oz. Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- Liquid Stevia (to taste - I used 21 drops)
- 8 Ice Cubes
- In a high-powered blender (I use a Vitamix) add ingredients in order listed.
- Process on high until smooth.
- Pour into serving glass.
- Garnish with a strawberry and enjoy!