You just know, given the fact that none of my recipes actually contain bread, that today's recipe isn't actually bread pudding. No, this beautiful and healthy recipe with a surprise ingredient, comes to you by way of Low-Carbing Among Friends co-author Maria Emmerich. I adapted her healthy recipe for Rhubard Bread Pudding, by doubling up the rhubarb, using ghee instead of butter, added my own warm vanilla sauce and then topped it with dairy-free whipped coconut cream. To die for!!
Rhubarb Bread Pudding with Warm Vanilla Sauce
Original Recipe by Maria Emmerich
Adaptations by Healthy Living How To
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
- 2 c. Eggplant, Peeled & Cubed
- 1 c. Rhubarb, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Ghee, Melted
- 4 Large Organic Eggs
- 2 c. Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 c. Smart Sweet Non-GMO Erythritol Granules
- 1 tsp. NuNaturals Pure Liquid Vanilla Stevia
- 1 tsp. Ceylon Cinnamon (plus more for sprinkling)
- 1 tsp. Organic Vanilla Extract
- 6 Tbsp. Smart Sweet Non-GMO Erythritol Granules
- 3 Tbsp. Ghee, Melted
- 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Almond Milk, Warmed
- 1/4 tsp. Organic Vanilla Extract
- 10 drops NuNaturals Pure Liquid Vanilla Stevia
- Place eggplant and rhubarb in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Drizzle with melted ghee.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, sweetener, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour over eggplant, sprinkle with more cinnamon and return to oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
- To make vanilla sauce, start by powdering the erythritol in a coffee grinder.
- In a small bowl, mix powdered erythritol with melted ghee, warmed almond milk, vanilla and stevia.
- Drizzle vanilla sauce over bread pudding upon serving.
- Top with dairy-free whipped coconut cream.