This summer I've noticed iced coffee products popping up in my local grocer's refrigerated section. I happened to come across a popular brand at Target and quickly put it back on the shelf after reading the ingredient label. With 23 g of sugar per serving, from sugar and corn syrup, I'll stick with making my dairy free, sugar free version.
I've enjoyed this healthy Dairy Free Mocha Coffee Cooler as a sweet treat after lunch. It definitely hits the spot. It also makes a fabulous breakfast-on-the-go with a scoop of protein powder and my favorite chocolate greens.
- 1/2 c. Raw Almonds
- 4 c. Cold Strong Brewed Coffee
- 4 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- 25-30 drops Liquid Vanilla Stevia
- Place raw almonds in jar with lid.
- Fill jar with filtered water and cover.
- Soak almonds 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and rinse almonds then place in high-powered blender.
- Add coffee to blender and blend on high for 3 minutes
- Line a fine mesh sieve with an old (clean) t-shirt or kitchen towel and strain.
- Squeeze to get all of the liquid out and then discard pulp.
- Pour coffee cooler in quart jar, add cacao powder, vanilla, salt and stevia, cover, and shake well.
- Chill until ready for use.