- Enriched Flour Bleached (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid)
- Blueberries Canned In Light Syrup (Blueberries, Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup)
- Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oil
- Modified Corn Starch
- Vital Wheat Gluten
- Baking Soda
- Sodium Aluminum Phosphate
- Propylene Glycol
- Monoesters of Fatty Acids
- Mono and Diglycerides
- Corn Starch
- Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate
- Citric Acid
- Cellulose Gum
- Xanthan Gum
- Artificial Flavor
- Modified Cream
WHAT???? You don't have those ingredients on hand?
If you have boxed blueberry muffin mix, you do.
Sometimes, I crack myself up.
You want to know what else cracks me up?
This… “Betty Crocker Premium Muffin mixes help make your breakfast more special by using quality ingredients.”
What is quality about that ingredient list? This is a processed food to the nth degree!
Friends, do not eat this or feed this to your children! There's a reason why little girls have muffin tops by the time they are in middle school and it is no laughing matter.
If you want to make blueberry muffins that are gluten-free and low-carb, give this recipe a try. It won't spike your blood sugar or expand your waistline.
- 1c. Almond Flour
- 1/2 c. Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 1 tsp. Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 c. Organic Frozen Wild Blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter, Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Lemon Extract or 6 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 c. Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 1/4 c. Granulated Sweetener (for sugar-free I recommend Erythritol or Xylitol)
In a bowl, sift together the almond flour, flax meal, baking powder, salt, and sweetener. In another bowl, melt butter and stir in almond milk, vanilla extract and lemon extract. Add liquid as well as eggs to the dry ingredients and mix. Fold in blueberries. Fill 6 paper-lined muffin cups with the batter. Bake at 350º 25 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a rack.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]