One minute muffin. I did not invent this recipe. It has been passed around over and over again on the gluten-free and low-carb message boards.
There are many variations, tips and tricks.
You can make this savory or sweet, add cinnamon, cocoa powder, add herbs and spices.
The possibilities are endless.
My basic recipe is a starting point for a simple and savory gluten-free and low-carb bread replacement.
Split it in half and you've got a bun for your burger.
Toast it and you won't miss your high-carb English muffin.
Stuff it with some turkey, mayo, and lettuce and you've got a healthy sandwich.
The possibilities are up to your imagination.
One Minute Muffin
Prep Time: 3 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Minute
- 1/4 c. Almond Flour or 1 Tbsp. Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Golden Flaxseed Meal
- Pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter or Ghee
- 1 Large Egg
- Melt butter in a 4-inch (8 oz.) ramekin.
- Whisk egg and then slowly drizzle in the melted butter.
- To the egg and butter add almond flour, flaxseed meal and salt. Mix well with a spoon.
- Sprinkle with baking powder and mix one more time.
- Spoon into ramekin and microwave for one minute.
- Remove from microwave with dish towel and invert on a cooling rack.
- Once cool, split in half and enjoy!
For those of you who don't have a microwave or limit microwave use, this can be baked in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes. You'll have to rename the recipe though.
For a Nut-Free version of the One Minute Muffin, click HERE!