Breakfast. The meal that breaks the fast
This seems to be the meal that gives people the most trouble when they stop eating processed food and start eating real food.
No more breakfast out of a cereal box, or toast in the toaster, granola bars are out as are pop tarts, waffles, pancakes and toaster strudel.
No orange juice, bagels or yogurt and granola. So, what the heck do you eat for breakfast?
Eggs and its many variations are the obvious choice, coupled with bacon or sausage. Omelets filled with veggies and cheese.
The not so obvious, last night leftovers. I've been known to eat chili for breakfast or ground beef in a bowl
And if it's a hot bowl of spicy,
Keto-Friendly Pumpkin Porridge
Prep Time: 3 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Minutes
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Heavy Whipping Cream or Canned Coconut Milk
- 1/3 c. + 2 Tbsp. Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp. Butter or Coconut Oil
- Pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
- Liquid Vanilla Stevia (to taste)
- Chopped Walnuts
1. In mixing bowl, whisk eggs.
2. To eggs, add 1/3 c. pumpkin, 1 Tbsp. cream or coconut milk, vanilla extract, couple shakes of allspice, sea salt & stevia. Whisk until smooth.
4. Add egg mixture to
5. Remove from heat quickly and spoon into
6. Top with 1 Tbsp. cream or coconut milk, 2 Tbsp. pumpkin, another shake of allspice and chopped walnuts.
Looking for another hot cereal option? Try my No Oats Oatmeal with a surprise ingredient!
What You Need to Know About Keto Ebook
The keto diet has attracted many followers for good reason. It's an effective tool for blood sugar management and weight loss.
It also has proven benefits for various health concerns.
What You Need to Know About Keto is not another copycat keto ebook.
It's a real-world, practical review of the diet and an action plan, based on 20 years of observation, education, and experience.
Whether you're new to keto, or you're #ketoaf, this book has something for you.