Original Recipe by The Chicken Lady
Adapted by Healthy Living How To
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 22-25 minutes
Makes: 1 Dozen Cupcakes
- 2 c. Homemade Unblanched Almond Flour
- 3/4 c. Smart Sweet Erythritol Non-GMO
- 1/2 tsp. NuNaturals Pure White Stevia Extract Powder
- 1 tsp. Rumford Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin, Organic, Melted
- 2 Large Organic Eggs
- 1/4 c. Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk
- 4-6 oz. Finely Shredded & Chopped Organic Carrots
- 1/2 c. Pecans, Chopped
- 1 Recipe Almond Cream Cheese Frosting
- In medium mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- In small mixing bowl, with electric mixer on medium beat together vanilla, eggs and coconut milk for 30 seconds.
- Add wet to dry and while beating together drizzle in coconut oil. Beat for about 1 minute.
- With large spoon fold in chopped pecan and carrots.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners and spray with non-stick spray.
- Fill each cup evenly, about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake at 350°F for 22-25 minutes.
- Completely cool on wire rack before frosting.
- Store in refrigerator, serve at room temperature.
This recipe uses almond flour. If you don't want to go to the lengths I do to make your own, go ahead and buy it. Be sure to visit My Favoritespage and support Healthy Living How To if you are going to be doing any online shopping. I use my VitaMix to finely chop whole carrots, you could also buy pre-shredded carrots and then run a knife through them or use a food processor. I measure the pecans whole and then chop.