While Cinco de Mayo is an “optional” holiday in Mexico, in the United States it is a day to have a fiesta and celebrate Mexican culture and heritage, particularly in communities with large Hispanic populations. If you are planning a Cinco de Mayo celebration of your own, then today's post is for you.
Whether you just simply want to celebrate with a healthy sugar-free, low-carb Cranberry Margarita or you want to make a complete Mexican dinner, I've collected my favorite Mexican-American healthy recipes just for you! By clicking on the picture, you will be taken to the recipe which is just waiting for you to try.
From left to right, top to bottom: Beef Enchilada Cabbage Rolls, Mexican Hash, Taco Pizza, Margarita for One, Tamales with Ancho Chile Sauce, Carnitas, Mexi “Cauli” Rice, Enchilada Soup and Mexican Hot Chocolate. Not Pictured: Taco Seasoning.
- 6 oz. Club Soda
- 1 1/2 oz. Tequila
- 1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 oz. Cranberry Syrup
- 1/4 tsp. Pure Orange Extract
- 25-30 drops Pure Liquid Clear Stevia
- Lime Wedge & Salt for the Rim
- Wet rim of glass with lime wedge, then dab rim into salt while slowly turning the glass.
- In cocktail shaker, stir together, tequila, lime juice, cranberry syrup, orange extract and stevia.
- Pour in club soda and gently stir.
- Fill glass with ice and pour margarita over top.
- Arriba, abajo, al centro, salud!