If you read yesterday's post, you know, I now have lots of homemade mayo waiting to be made into delicious concoctions. Last night we opted to eat in, as opposed to our normal Friday night dinner out. We were both happy with our decision. Nothing fancy about this salad. Just a bunch of cut-up veggies & canned salmon mixed with homemade mayo & pickle relish. I would have added red bell peppers and onion as well, but we were out of red bell pepper and I stabbed myself in the palm of my hand with a very sharp Cutco knife. Figured I should stop chopping.
Buy Wild Alaskan Salmon!
This salad is made with canned Wild Alaskan Salmon from Costco. The “Wild Alaskan” is important when buying Salmon.
- Have seven times the levels of PCB’s as wild salmon
- Are fed chemicals to give them color
- Are fed pellets of chicken feces, corn meal, soy, genetically modified canola oil and other fish containing concentrations of toxins
- Are administered antibiotics at higher levels than any other livestock
- Have less omega 3’s due to lack of wild diet
- Are crowed into small areas inhibiting movement, and causing disease
- (1) 6 oz. Can Wild Alaskan Salmon
- 1/2 Each, Chopped, Yellow, Orange, Green Peppers
- 4 Ribs Chopped Celery
- 2-3 Tbsp. Homemade Mayo
- Couple Pinches of Celtic Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Pickle Relish
(If you have 'em add onion and red bell pepper as well!)
Prep your veggies, by chopping, if you are using a sharp knife, don't stab yourself like I did. Blood on the cutting board isn't good. Open and drain Salmon. Add all ingredients to a bowl, mix and serve. Add more mayo, because it's good! We ate ours with cheese crackers!