As I mentioned in the making homemade coconut milk post, I've been making this milk weekly. After draining the milk through a cheesecloth and wringing out every last drop, what's left behind is a fine, light, fluffy, coconut type flour. This is not the same as the coconut flour you would buy as it has not been dried. I assume it is mostly fiber?
I hated to throw it away, so I kept it in the refrigerator in a sealed glass container. Tom was throwing a spoonful here and there in his shakes but it was accumulating fast. So, I decided to get creative and try this as a replacement to almond flour in my One Minute Muffin recipe. And wouldn't you know it, they turned out beautifully!
Coconut Flax One Minute Muffin
Prep Time: 3 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Minute
Total Time: Less than 5 Minutes
- 1/4 c. Coconut Meat (leftover from making Coconut Milk)
- 2 Tbsp. Bob's Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
- Pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Rumford Baking Powder (Aluminum-Free, Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 Tbsp. Organic Unsalted Butter
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- Melt butter in a 4 1/2 inch ramekin.
- Whisk egg and then slowly drizzle in the melted butter.
- To the egg and butter add coconut meat, flaxseed meal and salt. Mix well with a spoon.
- Sprinkle with baking powder and mix one more time.
- Spoon into ramekin and microwave for one minute.
- Admire your manicure while waiting (our microwave is broken and you have to hold the door shut for it to work).
- Remove from microwave with dish towel and invert on a cooling rack.
- Split in half and toast! Slather with butter or make a sandwich or a burger, whatever the heck you want!