Let's recap, shall we. Last week we made Almond Flour, a flour alternative every low-carb, gluten-free, sugar-free kitchen should have on hand, One-Minute Muffins, for those times when you just want a sandwich AND I left you with a teaser pic of Taco Pizza with an Almond Flour Flatbread Crust. Well, you are going to have to wait another day for that recipe.
LOOK AT THOSE MUFFINS! I woke up this morning dreaming of what to do with a bag of frozen organic cranberries I had in my freezer. This is what I decided on and I am oh so glad I did! These are to die for!!!!!!
The base of this recipe is the same as the Blueberry Muffin recipe, using chopped frozen cranberries and swapping out the extracts for orange extract. Credit for the original recipe goes to a favorite low-carb recipe guru known as LindaSue. I adapted her recipe titled Coconut Macaroon Muffins.
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 1 c. Almond Flour
- 1/2 c. Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 1 tsp. Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 1/4 c. Water
- 1 tsp. Orange Extract
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 1/2 c. Organic Frozen Cranberries, Chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Non-GMO Erythritol
- 1/8 tsp. (scant) Pure White Stevia Extract Powder
- In medium bowl, sift together the almond flour, flax meal, baking powder, and salt.
- In small bowl, melt butter then whisk in water, eggs, orange extract and sweetener.
- Add wet to dry. With large spoon, mix well.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Fill 6 lined muffin cups (these non-stick muffin liners are the best I've found).
- Bake at 350º F 20-22 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack.