Did you know how many grams of carbohydrates are in a short stack (that's 2) medium size pancakes with syrup and butter…..wait for it……90 grams! I can't say if these taste like the kind served at your local diner or even the kind made from a box or from scratch, but, I can say they are good!
Makes 1 Serving, 4-5 Pancakes
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 1/4 c. Life Time Fitness All-Natural Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate or Jay Robb Vanilla Egg White Protein Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Bob's Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
- Pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
- 5 Tbsp. Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 c. Redwood Hill Farm Plain Goat Milk Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. Rumford Aluminum-Free Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
In a glass Pyrex, sift together protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt and set aside. In a small bowl whisk together egg, yogurt and almond milk. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk well. In a non-stick skillet on medium heat, measure out scant 1/4 c. of batter. When bubbles reach the surface and pop, flip over. Cook an additional 1 1/2 minutes. Repeat until you have 4-5 pancakes.
I had this both Saturday and Sunday morning around 11am. My tummy didn't rumble with hunger until 6pm both days. Which means my blood sugar did not spike and fall after eating these, but instead stayed nice and level for nearly 7 hours.