Last week I posted the Primal Pumpkin Bake recipe on Mark's Daily Apple. Another forum member commented he was looking for a pumpkin pie recipe without the dairy. Challenge accepted. I followed the recipe on the back of the can of pumpkin. Swapped out the sweetened condensed milk with coconut milk and stevia. I used my favorite nut crust, which is a combo of almond flour and hazelnut flour and voilà…. If you are avoiding dairy, serve with dairy-free whipped coconut cream.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 c. Unblanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 c. Bob’s Red Mill Hazelnut Meal/Flour
- 1/4 c. Extra Light Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- Pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
- With a fork, mix oil with nut flour and salt until you have a “crumble-like” texture.
- With fingers, pat crust into bottom and halfway up the sides of 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Must be completely cool before filling.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- (1) 15 oz. Can Farmer's Market Organic Pumpkin
- (1) 13.5 oz. Can Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk
- 3/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp. NuNaturals Pure White Stevia Extract Powder
- 2 Large Organic Eggs
- 1 Nut Crust
- Mix pumpkin, coconut milk, spices and stevia together.
- Add eggs and mix slowly just until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour pie filling into nut crust.
- Bake at 425° F for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350° F for an additional 35 minutes.
- Thoroughly cool and chill before serving with a dollop of fresh whipped coconut cream.