I've held off long enough — it is after all the last week in September — time to start baking with pumpkin. Today's very simple recipe is a dense and moist pumpkin bar. It is so good, no cream cheese frosting is necessary. These are best completely cool and even chilled a bit in the refrigerator. I topped mine with a dollop of dairy-free whipped cream, but my son enjoyed his alongside some bacon and eggs — an after school snack of sorts.
Let the pumpkin season begin!
A healthy alternative to a seasonal favorite. As written, recipe is gluten-free, sugar-free and low-carb.
- 2 c. Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 tsp. Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon or 2 drops Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- 1 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 15 oz. Can Pumpkin
- 1 c. Granular Sweetener - for sugar-free I recommend Birch Xylitol or Swerve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9x13 inch glass cake pan or spray with non-stick spray. I use this sprayer filled with high-oleic sunflower oil.
- In medium mixing bowl, sift together almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, with electric beaters on medium, mix together eggs, pumpkin and sweetener until smooth.
- Add dry to wet and combine on low speed until smooth.
- Pour batter into cake pan and smooth with spatula.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Completely cool on rack before cutting and serving.
- Top with dairy-free whipped cream.
This recipe has been tested with my preferred ingredients. Please consider, if I recommend a substitution, it will be included as a note in the recipe.
Nutrition Information: 120 calories 9 g fat, 6 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 3 g NET CARBS, 5 g protein (calculated using Swerve)