Happy National Donut Day! I love taking a “food holiday” and making it healthy. No reason we need to sabotage our healthy lifestyle with yucky unhealthy donuts. Instead, celebrate National Donut Day with my healthy spin on chocolate cake donuts, gluten/grain-free, sugar-free, low-carb donuts. If chocolate isn't your fancy, I also have recipes for Cinnamon Donuts and Pumpkin Donuts.
KETO KITCHEN: CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE DONUTS…Let me know if you give this recipe a go!!! ???????? #ketoaf #vrrlive Makes 6 Donuts | 3 Net Carbs Each • 1/4 c Coconut Flour • 1/4 c Cocoa Powder • 1 tsp Baking Powder • Pinch Salt • 1/4 c Swerve • 3 large Eggs • 1/4 c Canned Coconut Milk • 2 tsp Vanilla Extract • 1/4 c Coconut Oil (melted) • Powdered Swerve for dusting 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F 2. In medium bowl mix together dry ingredients 3. In small bowl whisk together eggs, coconut milk, and vanilla extract 4. Add wet to dry and mix with electric mixers 5. Add melted coconut oil and mix again 6. Spray donut mold with non-stick spray and fill 7. Bake 22 minutes 8. Transfer to rack to cool and dust with powdered Swerve 9. EnJOY!!!Posted by Vanessa Rae Romero on Friday, June 1, 2018
Oh, and if you’re wondering why we celebrate National Donut Day
Healthy Donuts to celebrate National Donut Day. Gluten/Grain-Free! Sugar-Free! Dairy-Free! Low-Carb!
- 1/4 c. Coconut Flour
- 1/4 c. Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/4 c. Granulated Sweetener - for sugar free I recommend Swerve
- 2 Tbsp. Powdered Sweetener - for sugar free I recommend Swerve Confectioners
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/4 c. Canned Coconut Milk
- 1/4 c. Water
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 c. Coconut Oil, melted + additional for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With coconut oil, grease donut pan.
- In small mixing bowl sift together coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sea salt and granulated sweetener.
- In medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, water and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and with electric beaters on medium speed, mix until smooth.
- Add melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Divide batter evenly into each donut hole.
- Tap and lightly shake pan to smooth out batter.
- Bake 22 minutes.
- Cool completely on rack before removing donuts from pan.
- Dust with confectioners sweetener.
This recipe has been tested with my preferred ingredients. Please consider, if I recommend a substitution, it will be included as a note in the recipe.
Nutrition Information Per Donut: 160 calories, 14 g fat, 6 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 3 g NET CARBS, 5 g protein (made with Swerve)