Our grandson loves bananas, which means we often have an overly ripe one sitting on our counter.
Lately, I've been craving banana bread and thought I'd try my hand at a two-minute “banana bread” type muffin.
I love sharing my daily life, healthy lifestyle tips, favorite finds, new (and old) recipes like this two-minute banana bread muffin, and fun shenanigans via Instastories. If you don't already, follow me on the gram.
Two-Minute Banana Bread Muffin
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Bake Time: 2 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
A healthy alternative to banana bread. As written, this recipe is gluten-free and no sugar added. Great for a low-carb lifestyle.
- 1 med Ripe Banana
- 1 large Egg
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter (no sugar added)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder (aluminum-free)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips (optional)
1. Spray (2) 4-inch Ramekins with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In 4-cup glass Pyrex, mash banana, whisk in egg, then peanut butter, and vanilla extract.
3. Mix in coconut flour and salt, then baking powder.
4. If using, stir in chocolate chips.
5. Divide batter evenly between ramekins.
6. Microwave for 2 minutes.
7. Turn over on wire rack and let cool completely.
8. Enjoy as is or slather with some butter or peanut butter.
This recipe has been tested with my preferred ingredients. Before asking, please consider, if I recommend a substitution, it will be included as a note in the recipe.
Per Muffin: 165 calories, 7 g fat, 20 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein | Net Carbs 15 g
Join the Conversation
Join the conversation over on Facebook.
If “minute-style” muffins are your thing, I've got several other recipes for you to try:
One-Minute Muffin (basic)
Two-Minute Pumpkin Muffin (fall favorite)
Two-Minute Cinnamon Raisin Muffin
One-Minute Breakfast Biscuit
One-Minute Chocolate Snack Cake